UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – Penn State Transportation Services announced rate changes for faculty/staff, student, and service/delivery parking permits at University Park for the 2022-23 and 2023-24 academic years. For 2022-23, employee parking permit rates will increase between $2 and $4 per month, while student parking permit rates will increase between $8 and $30 per semester, depending on permit type. The full list of parking rates for the next two academic years is provided below.
Parking permit rates for the Technical Department and all other faculty/staff employees have not increased since 2013.
Parking rates for Technical Services employees are set through their collective bargaining process, while all other permit rates are set by Transportation Services and approved by the Office of the Senior Vice President for Finance. and business.
Parking fees are collected to cover the many fixed and variable costs associated with the management of University parking facilities, including the construction and maintenance of parking facilities, staff salaries and benefits, and parking technology equipment and software. Parking revenue is also used to provide various on-campus transportation programs and services, including on-campus transit, the RIDEpass discounted transit pass program for employees and graduate students. , campus cycling facilities and the Spin E-Bike Share program.
“While the University’s spending on parking and transportation infrastructure and operations continues to grow, most of our parking rates have remained unchanged for the past nine years,” said Sara Thorndike, Vice President Principal of Finance and Business/Treasurer. “While every effort is made to keep fares as low as possible, upcoming fare increases are essential to ensure transportation services can continue to meet the parking and transportation needs of the University community.”
In addition to the rate changes noted below, the evening/weekend-only permit for faculty, staff, students, and visitors will be discontinued effective June 30, 2022. Return and exchange instructions for permits for current evening/weekend-only permit holders will be shared later, and information on parking options for RIDEpass program participants who are currently using the evening/weekend-only permit will be announced before the start of the 2022-23 RIDEpass program year, which begins June 1.
Faculty/Staff and Service/Delivery Parking Permit Rate Changes
Effective July 1, 2022, the following changes to the monthly rates for faculty/staff parking permits and services/delivery will take effect:
- Basic permits (brown, green, orange, red, silver, yellow) will be reduced from $37 per month to $39 per month for technical services employees and all other faculty/staff employees.
- Commuter permits will increase from $10 per month to $12 per month for technical services employees and all other faculty/staff employees.
- ROO permits will drop from $88 per month to $92 per month.
- LOO permits will go from $64 per month to $67 per month.
- Service permits will increase from $64 per month to $67 per month.
- Delivery permits will increase from $50 per year to $55 per year.
These rates will remain in effect until June 30, 2023.
Effective July 1, 2023, the following changes to faculty and staff parking permit rates will take effect:
- Basic permits (brown, green, orange, red, silver, yellow) will increase from $39 per month to $40 per month for technical services employees and from $39 per month to $41 per month for all other employees faculty/staff.
- Commuter permits will increase from $12 per month to $13 per month for technical services employees and from $12 per month to $14 per month for all other faculty employees.
- ROO permits will drop from $92 per month to $97 per month.
- LOO permits will go from $67 per month to $70 per month.
These rates will remain in effect until June 30, 2024.
Price changes for parking permits for students
The following changes to student parking rates per semester will be made starting with the fall 2022 semester:
- Transport permit fees will increase from $45 per semester to $54 per semester.
- Residential Core Permit Rates (Lot 22, Lot 42, Lot 81, Lot 82, YWH/Nittany Deck) will increase from $320 per semester to $336 per semester.
- Resident Storage Rates (Lot 83) will increase from $162 per semester to $170 per semester.
- Off-Campus Storage Permit rates (Lot 43, YAS/West Deck) will increase from $203 per semester to $233 per semester.
- Brown Permit 11 rates for residents of White Course Apartments will remain at $162 per semester, but will no longer be included in each resident’s tenancy agreement and must be paid by each student upon enrollment.
As of the fall 2023 semester, the following changes to student parking permit fees will come into effect:
- Transport permit fees will increase from $54 per semester to $63 per semester.
- Residential Core (Lot 22, Lot 42, Lot 81, Lot 82, YWH/Nittany Deck) permit rates will increase from $336 per semester to $353 per semester.
- Resident Storage Rates (Lot 83) will drop from $170 per semester to $179 per semester.
- Off-Campus Storage Permit (Lot 43, YAS/West Deck) rates will increase from $233 per semester to $268 per semester.
- Brown 11 permit fees for residents of White Course Apartments will increase from $162 per semester to $203 per semester.
For questions or more information about University Park parking, visit transport.psu.edu, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 814-865-1436.