With Penn State’s fall semester classes beginning Monday, students begin returning to campus and off-campus apartments this week.
The influx of people and vehicles means the temporary traffic pattern is changing on-campus parking restrictions to accommodate the influx of vehicles and drop-offs.
Traffic pattern changes
• Calder Way is one-way west between Hetzel and Garner Streets and one-way east between Hetzel and High Streets until Sunday
• Burrowes Road on campus is one-way southbound between Curtin Road and Pollock Road from 8 am to 6 pm until Saturday.
• Block 400 of West College Avenue reduced to one lane from 8 am to 6 pm Wednesday and Thursday for the Metropolitan move-in.
• The 600 block of East College Avenue will be reduced to one lane from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday through Saturday for the move to Meridian.
• The 300 block of West College Avenue will be reduced to one lane from 8 am to 6 pm Friday and Saturday for the Standard move-in.
• H Alley will be one-way from West Calder Way to West Beaver Avenue from 7-6 p.m. Friday and Saturday for The Graduare move-in.
• Calder Way and Hiester Street bordering the Maxxen will be closed from 8 am to 6 pm on Friday and Saturday.
• With heavy traffic expected around the East Bridge on campus, the section of Bigler Road between Curtin Road and Park Avenue may be restricted at times.
On-campus parking restrictions
Student car park closures: Lot 22 (Eastview Terrace), Lot 42 (Nittany Apartments), Lot 81 (South/Pollock Halls) and Lot 82 (East Halls) are reserved for a 30 minute unload. Student permit holders for these areas should park at Jordan East or Stadium West during the move-in period, where overnight parking will be permitted until midnight on Sunday. Students purchasing permits for these areas may return to their assigned area beginning at 6 p.m. Sunday and must be parked in their assigned lot by midnight that evening.
Faculty/Staff Batch Closures: Several faculty/staff parking areas are reserved for unloading student arrivals only until Sunday.
• Brown E, Green C and Green N permit holders must park at Nittany Deck, Eisenhower Deck, Jordan East or Stadium West.
• Orange B (Softball) permit holders must park on other Orange grounds (except Orange A Katz), Jordan East or Stadium West.
• Yellow H (IM Building) permit holders must park at other Yellow H lots, Jordan East or Stadium West.
• Yellow J and Yellow T permit holders must park at Eisenhower Deck, Jordan East or Stadium West.
• Yellow D permit holders (East Bridge Level 1 and Tener Hall surface ground) must park at Jordan East or Stadium West. Hourly visitor parking on the east bridge will be limited
• Yellow C (HUB deck): The sections of the HUB deck parking lot located below the entrance at the plaza level will be reserved for unloading upon arrival of students only. Eisenhower Deck, Jordan East and Stadium West will be available to Yellow C permit holders in the event the bridge reaches capacity. Hourly parking will be limited.