DURANGO, CO (PRWEB)
June 30, 2022
The Digital Learning Collaborative published today “The Land of Confusion: A Review of Online Student Finance.”
This study reviews the available evidence regarding funding levels and mechanisms for online students. It introduces funding levels and mechanisms in a subset of states, then explores several different concepts related to online student funding.
Each state has a very complex formula with an impressive amount of different variables. This study aims to demonstrate the large-scale differences while presenting numbers that best represent general trends and directions of state funding amounts.
Key points to remember
- Online schools have different expenses and in addition to the expenses of physical schools
- Counting students for funding purposes is difficult in many states
- Understanding online student funding levels is more important than ever
- Falling funding for online students limits learning options
- Student accounting processes need to be redesigned
- Funding for online schools should be much more transparent
About downloadable content
The Digital Learning Collaborative is a membership group of educators, providers, and supporters who seek to improve education for all schools and students through research, information sharing, and collaborative activities. The DLC runs the Annual Digital Learning Conference. The DLC is organized by the Evergreen Education Group. Members include school districts, state agencies, online schools, state virtual schools, NGOs, and businesses.
About Evergreen Education Group
Evergreen is the leading K-12 online, hybrid and blended learning consultancy and consulting firm for 21 years. We advise businesses, NGOs and government agencies on a variety of digital learning issues, publish reports and Blog regularly as part of the Digital Learning Collaborative, and coordinate Annual Digital Learning Conference.
Share the article on social networks or by e-mail: