- Support the Student Services Manager in achieving the operational goals of the Student Services team
- Full-time appointment working directly for UWA’s partner organization, INTO University Partnerships
- The position is based in Perth, on-site at UWA College, part of the Crawley Campus of the University of Western Australia.
About UWA College
UWA College is the new gateway institution of the University of Western Australia. Designed to prepare international students for success at UWA, students will benefit from a tailored learning experience across a range of foundation and diploma programs – providing the ideal preparation for students to continue their studies at UWA. UWA.
About INTO University Partnerships
UWA College is operated and managed under contract to the University by INTO University Partnerships. INTO University Partnerships is a global provider of pathway programs, with 24 university partnerships in the UK, USA and Australia. For more information, see INTO and UWA College Partnership.
About the role
As a member of the College leadership team, the Student Services Manager will support the Head of Student Services in achieving the operational goals of the Student Services team. In addition to their primary responsibilities, they will demonstrate role model behavior and organizational compliance. As UWA College grows, the Student Services Manager will assume direct management responsibilities for members of the Student Services team. The role will work with the Head of Student Services in developing and streamlining operations, policies and best practices.
The Student Services Manager reports to the UWA College Student Services Manager and will replace the Student Services Manager as needed and when required.
As the ideal person, you will demonstrate through your CV and cover letter that you have the following abilities:
- Recent experience working in an educational environment in a student services or other specialist counseling capacity.
- Experience in line and budget management.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent, or relevant industry experience.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Good computer skills, including proficiency in interpreting management information.
- Enabling Management Style: Able to establish, manage and motivate a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with peers, senior managers, academic stakeholders, parents and students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure with defined resources.
- Commercially astute, with the ability to balance the twin imperatives of delivering quality programs and working in a commercial environment.
- Ability to implement effective and efficient procedures and produce management information in a timely manner.
- Capacity for initiative and problem solving.
- Good knowledge of the Australian higher or post-secondary education sector.
- Knowledge of the needs and expectations of international students.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and its implications for educational institutions.
- An awareness of an education provider’s safeguarding obligations
- A good understanding of the mental health needs of young adults.
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees and students at all levels.
- Ability to recruit and develop employees and deliver training and manage performance.
All staff should be engaged and responsible for promoting and safeguarding the well-being of children and young adults. The offer will be subject to a Western Australian Working with Children Check, a National Police check and two references.
The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate their right to work in Australia.
Vaccinations: To help ensure the health, safety and well-being of our employees and students, UWA College requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Confirmation of your vaccination (and/or medical exemption) details will be required during the recruitment process.
About the application process
We ask interested candidates to apply online through the Apply Now button with a CV and cover letter.
For any questions regarding the role or the application process, please contact Monica Pettersen, UWA College Human Resources Manager at HRUWACOLLEGE@intoglobal.com.
Full details of position responsibilities and selection criteria are outlined in the job description.
For more information or to obtain a copy of our privacy notice for applicants, see Working at INTO.
Closing Date: 5:00 PM AWST on Monday, May 23, 2022