Below is information from the candidates regarding the SGA elections taking place the week of April 18, information on the upcoming debate and how to vote! Please take a moment to peruse them as your vote matters and helps determine who the next SGA administration will be and what they will focus on for the 2022-23 school year!
Meet the candidates
Presentation of the candidates to be the next Executive Chairman of the SGA:
- Major: IT
- “Join me and let us BRIDGE THE GAP to make Montclair State the university we love.”
Richard J. Steiner-Otoo
- Major: Geography Environmental and Urban Studies
- Minor: Political Science
- “There are over 21,000 students who make up the Montclair State student body and I want to see every student benefit from the resources the Student Government Association has to offer.”
Presentation of the candidates to be the next SGA Executive Vice President:
- Major: Jurisprudence
- Minor: Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies
- “I am running for this position because I believe in change. I want to see this campus flourish in positivity and growth. I believe that my political opinions and my promises to act will clearly allow this.
Presentation of the candidates to be the next SGA Executive Treasurer:
- Major: Business Administration with a concentration in Finance
- “As a student involved on campus, I’m running for this position because I want to make sure students and their funds are taken care of.”
Presentation of the candidates to be the next Executive Secretary of the SGA:
- Major: Concentration in Exercise Science in Preclinical Professions
- “I’m running for the position of ASG Secretary because I’m passionate about leadership.”
Presentation of the candidates to be the next Student Board Representative (alternate):
Marianne Luna Martinez
- Major: Biology
- Minors: Leadership Development through Civic Engagement and Public Health
- “As a first-generation Latina student, I strive to continue to make Montclair State a welcoming, safe, and supportive community, not only for current students, but for future generations.”
Presentation of candidates for the post of Justice SGA:
- Major: Business Administration with specialization in Marketing
- Minor: Business Relations and Professional Sales
- “I’m running for judge because I want to follow the statute of the law to help the Student Government Association.”
Get more information about the candidates and read their full statements!
Join us and hear from the candidates yourselves and their visions if elected, at the SGA Debate on Thursday, April 14, 5-6:45 p.m., Student Center Dining Hall. We’ll see each other there!
SGA Voting Period
We encourage you to vote! Our voting period will be from Monday, April 18 from 12 p.m. until Wednesday, April 20 at 12 p.m. Get more information on how to vote!
Graduate students have the right to vote for the student board representative (alternate).
If you have any questions regarding the SGA Elections, please do not hesitate to contact the Chair of the SGA Elections Committee, Christie Rosales Herrera at email@example.com or direct message us on Instagram @sga_msu.