- Full-time CDD until March 2024
- A key leadership opportunity within the University’s Faculty Services team
- Offer a competitive compensation package including 17% retirement pension
About the Opportunity
The Head, Faculty and Student Services provides overall program and operations management for the establishment and implementation of large-scale strategic work programs on behalf of the Office of the Director of Faculty Experience (EOCF), alongside the day-to-day management of the unit services to teachers.
As a key management position reporting to the CFEO, the Head, Faculty and Student Services is responsible for leading transformative service initiatives that will positively impact student experience and faculty engagement, from enrollment to graduation, by providing policy and procedural recommendations following a root cause analysis of operational complexity.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- lead and develop the Faculty Services unit to improve the student experience and faculty engagement, including the execution of large, multi-faceted projects
- provide expert leadership and guidance throughout the development and establishment of project plans and policy advice that impact Faculty Services work streams
- manage overall program finances against budget and coordinate external funding opportunities
- provide effective leadership, management and coordination of faculty services
- proven track record of faculty leadership in the higher education sector
- experience in financial management and literacy, experience in managing budgets and controlling income and expenses for large-scale projects
- demonstrated experience in supervising, training, mentoring and managing staff performance; and experience managing and resolving a wide range of HR issues.
- excellent program management and planning skills, combined with a general understanding of the project life cycle, project documentation, project standards and methodologies
- good understanding and consistent application of project management skills including scope, time, cost, quality, HR, communications, cost, risk, procurement and integration
- experience managing a diverse group of key stakeholders on large or complex projects and ability to develop/maintain productive relationships with industry vendors and key users.
Click to view the job description for this role.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people living with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
For University employees or casual workers, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Liz Mackinlay, Recruitment Operations, on 0422 994 254 or email liz.mackinlay@sydney .edu.au
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Thursday, September 22, 2022 11:59 PM