(Specialist in international studies and exchanges) – (Academic and student services)
Specialist in international studies and exchanges
The International Studies and Exchange Specialist is responsible for developing, managing and supervising all aspects of several study abroad and student exchange programs at Khalifa University and for organizing and monitoring student exchange program operations to ensure efficiency and world-class performance.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Implement the international studies and student exchange business plan in accordance with the vision and mission of Khalifa University as well as policies and procedures.
- Manage delegated budgets for studies and international exchanges.
- Plan and organize international study and exchange activities to ensure that services are delivered effectively and efficiently while maximizing user satisfaction and learning.
- Design, coordinate and conduct studies abroad pre-departure advice and guidance
- Ensure effective evaluation and quality assurance and implement the necessary development and remedial actions.
- Facilitate and act as the primary point of contact for approved international visitor groups and oversee hospitality preparation activities for visitor groups.
- Help lead international programs through collaborative planning, development and budget monitoring.
- Identify and prepare grant funding proposals for international initiatives.
- Coordinate and facilitate student / faculty agreements with certain foreign colleges and universities.
- Serve as a point of contact in international institutions for students abroad and responsible for international communications and responses to students and their families, officials of the host university, faculty directors.
- Establish and maintain professional networks with related local, national and international organizations and agencies to support its student exchange programs.
- Help identify and implement best practices in international education and conduct curriculum review and evaluation in this perspective.
- Oversee the development of Khalifa University-wide International Studies and Exchange program material and maintain associated repositories with current and accurate information in collaboration with the Communication Department.
- Raise awareness and promote the student exchange program, educate students and applicants on the benefits of the program and help them prepare for successful participation.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff and ensure that student exchange goals are integrated into different activities, where applicable.
- Help assess the impact of study abroad and student exchange programs and adjust as necessary.
- Adhere to University information security and privacy policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as needed
- Perform any other task assigned by the line manager
Degrees and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 7 to 9 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
If you need further assistance or have a problem with the online application, please do not hesitate to contact the recruitment team (email@example.com).
Main location: KUK – Khalifa University
Type of employment: Fulltime