Parking Services is pleased to announce the first Spring Parking Citation food drive! Your donation will go to REd Hawk Pantry!
What, When, How
This program allows Montclair State University students, faculty, and staff to donate canned/non-perishable goods as payment for citations. Unopened canned goods, non-perishable items, dry goods, and essential items are worth $10.00 for an open quote.
- Duration: The program runs from Tuesday March 1 to Friday March 25, 2022.
- When and where to bring: Please bring your donations Monday through Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. to the parking office located on Level 1 of the Red Hawk Bridge.
How does the donation work?
A canned or dry product is $10.00 for an open quote. For example, a quote worth $50.00 can be paid using five (5) canned or dry items.
what to give
- Non-perishable foods
- Healthy items, like whole grains, low-sugar cereals, and low-sodium canned foods
- Staples: tuna, peanut butter, soup, rice and shelf stable milk
- Expired expiration date items (please check; you do more work for us if we need to dispose of your expired food)
- Cans that are dented, rusty, leaking or without labels
- Glass jars
- Open packages (exception: those containing individually wrapped packages inside)
Most Needed Items for the Red Hawk Pantry
- Preserves / Chili / Beef stew / Ravioli
- Canned meat (tuna, chicken, saloon, halal canned meat, vienna sausages, spam)
- Spaghetti Noodles / Rotini / Egg Noodles / Linguine (basically all pasta)
- No hot cereal – just cold
- Boxed cereal
- Peanut Butter / Jelly
- Seasoning for tacos, salt and pepper
- taco shells
- Granola/cereal bars
- Mac N Cheese (canned and microwaveable)
- Pop corn
- Cooking Oil (small bottles) / Spray (like Pam)
- Mayo, Ketchup/ Mustard/ Vinaigrettes
- Toothpaste/ toothbrush/ dental floss (packaged)
- Shaving cream
- Razors (unisex)
- Sanitary napkins
- Dishwasher soap
- Dryer sheets
- Toilet paper
- can openers
Only one quote!
Remember: Only one citation rejection can be granted!
But not for these…
The following citations cannot be rejected under the program:
- Tampering with University Equipment
- Shared license or startup violation
- Parking on Reserved Space, Lawn or Sidewalk
- Parked in Fire Lane or PWD Space Violation
Please read our update RFQ to avoid citations as well as other parking hassles.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com or 973-655-7580.