A student services team was praised for their outstanding performance.
Staff working on the Burnley College team have been praised for doing what other colleges fail to do in their latest assessment by National Inspectors.
The Matrix Standard is a quality framework used to assess individuals and organizations that provide information, advice and guidance and recognizes knowledge, passion and performance.
Matrix Standard inspectors rated Burnley College’s friendly and approachable student services team as very impressive and singled out several strengths, including:
• How students are empowered to make informed decisions about their future
• The range and quality of extracurricular activities
• The regular activities in the atrium, with inspectors saying, “We’ve never seen anything like this. Other colleges just don’t do that.
• The high quality of advice and guidance provided
• The college’s commitment to broadening access and participation
• Use of real student experience to guide services.
The college was further praised for providing a comprehensive experience for students who also offered exclusively positive feedback to inspectors.
Here are the comments from students: “As I enter the college, the student services team is there. It really is at the heart of the sollege.
And: “I really appreciate the service. The team is so knowledgeable, and they are so calm and patient. They always listen to what I have to say.
Student Services Manager Paul Whittaker said, “Every day they impress me with their passion, dedication and commitment to ensuring that every student on campus has access to education, support and opportunities to which he is entitled.
“When our students work as hard as they do to achieve the results that make us so proud as a college, they deserve a team of people who will work just as hard to give them that added value, those special moments in their college life, this support, this advice and this friendly welcome for as long as they are here.