Hello, neighbors! It’s me again, Debora Whitehead, your host of the Glen Burnie Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Pleasant with periods of sun. High: 76, Low: 58.
Here are the best stories today at Glen Burnie:
- Minor DUI, fleeing from the police: Police charged a 19-year-old Middle River resident with driving under the influence of marijuana and alcohol in Glen Burnie on Wednesday. Officers also alleged that the suspect fled authorities and carried an illegal handgun. Police say they arrested the driver, identified as Ryan Keith Smith. (Glen Burnie badge)
- Arundel Community College: A calendar is published for graduates with dates and times for walk-in student services. Services will continue to be offered remotely with in-person hours also available. Some services are available to you, while others may require you to make an appointment. (Arundel Community College)
- Glen Burnie Chamber of Commerce: The Chamber is pleased to present Members Helping Members, a project to raise awareness of members’ products or services and unite to help our members thrive even in these uncertain times. We encourage our members to tell us how we can help each other, whether through gift card purchases, delivery or delivery services, or marketing services to help reposition your business when Maryland reopens. (Chamber of Commerce)
today Glen Burnie Daily is brought to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Thinking of buying or refinancing a home? Here’s what you need to know about the five types of mortgages (and which one is best for you). Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today at Glen Burnie:
- Florida / Utah permit. (7 p.m.)
- Maryland HQL. (4 p.m.)
- My Hero Academia Card Game Night! (6 p.m.)
- Family event Trunk or treat. (4 p.m.)
- Playgroup: Creatures from the stream. (10:30 am)
Glen Burnie Notebook
- Anne Arundel Community College: “From Riverhawk to Retriever. Our new transfer path is for AACC transfer studies students entering the UMBC American Studies program! The AACC offers dozens of transfer paths to help you transfer seamlessly to get a bachelor’s degree. ” (Instagram)
- AA County Schools – AACPS: “Don’t forget to wear orange tomorrow!” (Instagram)
- Senior Pascal Activity Center: “Hello Pascal’s friends, help us make our Boo Bash flea market a success by sharing this review on your FB wall and friends and family groups. We are also plastering copies of your COVID-19 cards for $ 1 so that you can keep the original. ” (Facebook)
- Anne Arundel Co Rec & Parks: “Gather around a campfire at one of your favorite parks for an 8-week series of engaging and informative discussions. Each week, park rangers and local experts will host family discussions on a different theme. . ” (Instagram)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- [Webinar] Is solar for me? (21st of October)
- HARVEST DAY at Hampton National Historic Site. (23 Oct)
- Bazaar of the Harvest Festival. (October 24)
- HM2 Buck for Hope Foundation auction and kick off. (October 24)
- Benefit and Festival of American Heroes. (Oct 29)
- The Summit School virtual open house. (November 6)
- Add your event
You are officially in the loop for today. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with a new update! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing other friends and neighbors on board. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Debora Whitehead
About Me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and home teacher mother from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and enjoys teaching and writing. Her passion for the community is reflected in her volunteer work with “Mariposa Ministry”, a non-profit family support program. her favorite quotes are “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Glen Burnie Daily? Contact Glenburnie@Patch.com anytime.